A Church of Jesus Christ.
We serve the community by sharing the Hope of Jesus Christ. We are empowered by Him, equipped by the Holy Spirit, and serve as the messengers of His hope, His salvation, and His victory. We are committed to the preaching of the Word of God, the seeking of His Presence through an identity of worship, the administration of the sacraments of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper, and through fully living in the freedom and the power of the Holy Spirit.
A Movement of the Gospel.
The Gospel is a living thing that grows and sweeps us along with it. The gospel is both the shaping factor and power behind all that we do (Romans 1:16; Galatians 2:14). From the gospel flow our Core Values.
A Healthy Community.
Based on Jeremiah 29:7; "but seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you...," we seek to love and partner with God and our neighbors to bring about a thriving community.
The Hope of Jesus.
The Lord is at work in the New River Valley. We join with Him to reach the generations with the Hope of Jesus. We understand that each community must reach out to help the surrounding communities, that each family must extend a helping hand to their neighbors. As a church, we seek to impact new age groups, people groups and cultures with the Hope of Jesus.
A Transformed People.
Jesus' Hope is manifest through transformed lives. Transformed lives come from:
- Personal Conversion: We invite people to change in character by connecting with God through worship, evangelism and discipleship.
- Community Formation: We connect people to each other through worship, group fellowship and intercession, outreach, sharing of resources (time, talent and treasury), and through the strengthening of families.
- Social Justice: We serve the New River Valley and surrounding communities through civil involvement. We have a heart for and seek to serve the poor and marginalized through ministries of justice and compassion.
- Cultural Renewal: We engage the culture, and strive for revival in our societies, particularly through the integration of faith and work and through education of a Biblical worldview.
- Movement: We pray for the proliferation of gospel-based churches, ministries, communities, institutions, companies and initiatives throughout the New River Valley.
Equipped and Empowered.
We preach and teach the truth of the Gospel and invite others to meet the Living Lord. Our power is in Jesus Christ and we are His emissaries:
- Jesus is the Savior
- Jesus is the Healer
- Jesus is the Baptizer in the Holy Spirit
- Jesus is the Soon Coming King